glass

I wish to replace my windows with glass that does not contain any animal products. Does anyone know what brands of glass do and don't contain animal products?

I heard glass that does not use animal products melt in sunlight. Is this true?

One more question.. What colour is glass?

Reply to
messiahandrw

I don't know of any glass that includes animal or organic products.

The color of glass depends on the minerals and impurities used to produce it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

I am sorry if I sound dumb but if glass is not animal or organic, then what is it?

Reply to
messiahandrw

You don't sound dumb, you are dumb. This is a rather poor troll. Maybe when you grow up and get to the eight grade you can do better.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Joseph Meehan

Have you heard of a guessing game called Animal, Vegetable or Mineral? Minerals are non-animal and (in this sense) non-organic. Glass is made from minerals, chiefly silica.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

What about oil?

And there's a fourth category for things like beets.

Reply to
HeyBub

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:1160831643.370630.137160 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

Man I can't believe the amount of **serious** responses you have had to what obviously is only a bit of fun on your part! Methinks, brooms and bums ain't soon parted......

Depends strictly on how many tabs of acid ya dropped before repairing the sump pump...... ;-)

Reply to
propman

One of the most bizarre trolls I've ever seen.

Reply to
jeffc

Most window-pane glass is made from silicon, an abundant mineral on earth. Silicon (Si) is also an element.

Reply to
Phisherman

"jeffc" wrote in news:XxcYg.29731$fy.11540 @tornado.southeast.rr.com:

Actually I've only been monitoring this newsgroup for a couple of weeks now but one thing I have noticed.......quite a few of the enquiries seem to dangerously border the knowledge level of the questions quoted above but these said enquiries are asked in all dead seriousness and not like the "tongue in cheek"flavour of this poster and the "Where to take a dump" poster.

FWIW, I suspect the two individuals (if indeed it is two separate individuals that is) involved in posting the "tongue in cheek" messages are just having a bit of fun with their own personal observations which are similar to mine. Of course, YMMV...... :-)

Reply to
propman