give me AM radio

On Tue, 29 Jun 2021 21:15:38 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

I have SiriusXM too. I only have it for some talk stations on it - not Howard Stern. Otherwise I'd can it. If you want to hear the same songs over & over it's good. If you like Baker St by Gerry Rafferty get it. If you like the Beatles or other popular bands get it. They play these bands on both different channels and dedicated channels. One time I caught the same Beatles song on three different channels around 15 minutes apart, total, that didn't include the dedicated channel. Same old, same old, Carole King, Neil Diamond, James Taylor, Elton John...

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:57:41 -0700 (PDT), Dean Hoffman posted for all of us to digest...

I have a stack of old vinyl here that's probably worth something...

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Wed, 30 Jun 2021 13:32:22 -0500, Mark Lloyd posted for all of us to digest...

Saturday Night Fever, the Bee Gees yeah that was the start.

I agree. Back then the singers could actually sing, the writers had thoughts and composers had notes. Nothing artificial.

Reply to
Tekkie©

Several years ago I threw a big stack in the trash because I couldn't even give them away and I wasn't ready to list each album separately on Ebay. Some may have been worth $10, others worthless. Nobody wanted to just take the lot. "Lots" (100 or so at a time) of records usually go for $5 on the auction site we have locally here (minimum bid) I suspect they end up at the flea market.

Reply to
gfretwell

Worth something to a hernia surgeon if you try to move it...

Reply to
rbowman

rbowman

Eek, were are the Red Flag laws ;-)

I got a new guy to follow. Cool stuff. Tnx

Reply to
gfretwell

NBC had a show, The Sing Off, a few years ago with a cappella groups. I think Pentatonix and Home Free were on at one time or another.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Yes some of the groups were amazing

Ed Pawlowski

I've kept XM in my car for a few years, mainly because I was able to bargain for pretty low subscription renewal rates. I'm probably not going to renew next time though.

I'm a Delta blues fan and I really don't like their blues channel playlist. A lot of the cuts are closer to jazz than blues.

The main daytime blues channel DJ is some woman named Shemika Copeland whose main claim to fame is her daddy was bluesman Johnny Copeland. A lot of her patter is about how many of his bluesmen buddies she's met and how nice they were to her. Yawn...

Reply to
Wade Garrett

?v=BQa2IQAH28I
?v=oAKfy2W70Qg

I prefer more melodic styles than the driving rhythm of most Delta:

Hurt might have been from Mississippi but he had more of a Piedmont style.

Not really delta blues but he has an interesting take on how some of the styles might have developed.

Reply to
rbowman

On Fri, 02 Jul 2021 16:00:48 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

They have some record shops opening up north of me. Even if I got a buck I would probably make $100. Second thought fuhgeddaboudit

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Fri, 2 Jul 2021 17:12:03 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Thanks, for bailing out. I thought you were my grunt. 8-)

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 3 Jul 2021 08:22:13 -0400, Wade Garrett posted for all of us to digest...

Same here, they just get the hook in....

Yeah, I don't need to know how 'great' the DJ is, just play the music.

Reply to
Tekkie©

On Sat, 3 Jul 2021 10:56:41 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

Ok people, just keep posting those links, I'll expand my mind - if I had one.

Reply to
Tekkie©

If I could get enough to cover the gas and a case of beer I would usually do it, just to preserve something someone wants. I feel the same way about junk I sell on Ebay. I know I have bought junk on Ebay that had some meaning to me.

Reply to
gfretwell