Genie SD9500 opener lights

HELP!! I have an older model Genie (SD9500) garage door opener. Lately, when I either open/close the door, the 2 lights stay lit. (past the normal 5 minute time delay). Do I need a new sequensor board? $45-$50 seems like a lot to turn off two light bulbs! Previous home owner didn't leave a schematic for the opener and the Genie homepage isn't any help. THANKS in advance, Jim

Reply to
3250man

I posted a similar question recently. The collective wisdom was that a relay is sticking. Next time it happened, I gave the unit a whack on the side. The light went off and the problem hasn't recurred. Liz

Reply to
Liz Megerle

I never opened up and looked inside one of those guys but the I am sure there is a board or time delay relay in there. Turn the breaker off and pull the relay and stick it back in, If it still has the same problem then there should be a cat# on it. Buy a new one,

If there is a board in there then the only way to fix it (without reinventing the wheel) is get a new board.

Tazz

Reply to
Tazz

Liz, Thanks for the info/idea. I removed the card and "whacked" it a few times (on the relay- module-appearing thingies). IT WORKED!! Lights go on and off as they are supposed to.

Reply to
3250man