GE Water Softener

We installed a GE water softener recently. Today we had to turn off the circuit breaker for reasons not related to the water softener .... anyway, when we turned it back on I went out to adjust the clock on the water softener .... and it still had perfect time. There is no mention in the manual of a battery backup and I don't remember us putting a battery in....so does anyone know about these? Can't find anything about it on FAQs or DIY. Thanks.

Reply to
Dottie

I think sometimes the microprocessors (or more accurately the circuit board) contain a small battery just for saving settings and clock time, etc. Or maybe even a small capacitor does the job. Sounds like you found a nice and unexpected feature. It's things like that that make you remember and recommend those products.

Reply to
Richard Thoms

If you're talking about a clock, you need a timebase as well as a power supply. Nice to have an accurate one. I've found many to be off (usually fact). They can be cheap RC circuits.

Reply to
Mark Lloyd