GE SpaceMaker washer w/MAGIC FILTER: Need advice on this filter

replying to me, Mary wrote: Amazon sells the entire unit. Magic Filter

I'm sure that sometime in 2010 the OP solved the problem due to the TIMELY replys.
Gordon Shumway posted for all of us...

Gerbil jamup I bet.
--
Tekkie

replying to me, Michael wrote: It does have a filter in it. All I could find was the whole unit housing and filter. Amazon WH46X10036 39.99
replying to me, FLR wrote: I am so happy to have found this thread. My son and daughter in-law moved into their first apartment in March. Back in May I noticed the magic filter. I snapped it out and saw some yucky stuff behind it. I wiped it out, but; did not know about opening and clean the filter. I am visiting now and snapped the filter out again. This time it was really messy and I noticed that the filter opens. There was all this stuff no there. I could not figure if it was part of the filter or not. I discussed to google for cleaning instructions. I could not believe that all the stuff inside the filter was not suppose to be there. I am grossed out. When the couple are up tomorrow I will show them and have them correct this. They have a new baby and wash all the family laundry in this machine. Thank you, thank you for all this useful information.
FLR posted for all of us...

So I guess the filter isn't so magic?
--
Tekkie

replying to me, michelle wrote: I have the same problem but my machine won't go through it Cycles what could it be
replying to me, Wayne Boatwright wrote: We've had automatic washers since the 1950s. Some have had filters and some have not. For those that do, it's a good practice to clean he filter after each load. You may find some lint, hair, etc., or practically none at all. It's just good practice.
Having said that, assuming you have a clothes dryer, it will always have a lint filter and will catch anything that the washer does not.
On Tue, 26 Jun 2018 04:14:01 GMT, Wayne Boatwright

No, the lint will be sequestered in the pockets of your clothes, and won't come out in the dryer.
--
croy

On Tue 26 Jun 2018 08:10:30p, croy told us...

Not true.