GE side by side refrigerator - coil ices up

Does being out of level have anything to do with the coil in the back of my freezer icing up? I've probly ruined it by now because I turn it off and defrost the coil with hair dryer nearly once a month. I don't know why it keeps happening. Any ideas?

Reply to
Kathy
  1. Low on charge
  2. Blower motor defective, that moves the air inside the side by side.

Do not hold me, but I believe if it is over 7 years old you might want to think about replacing it.

Reply to
Moe Jones

In addition, bad defrost timer, bad defrost thermostat, or bad defrost heater.

Reply to
Art Todesco

No, the level thing isn't that critical.

Door not closing properly or overloaded so no air circulation.

The cost of a new fridge is less than the cost of a reair job and the new fridge is much more efficient. Get a new fridge.

.
Reply to
ValveJob

Unless, it keeps the doors from closing properly.

Reply to
ValveJob