GE Oven igniter bar

I have to replace the igniter bar in my GE gas oven. I can't seem to get to the molex connector without taking out more of the oven than I care to. Can I just cut and reconnect the wires? What should I use that will withstand the heat?

Reply to
Connsu

Just replace the ignitor / glow bar on my freestanding (slide in) GE stove top / oven /broiler........the new glow bar was a generic (I think) & can with hi temp sire nuts

btw the cheapest I've found the part is on ebay (after a bought mine online for $85!) for ~$35

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I need new igniter bar where do I get one?

Reply to
nancy

Wasn't that hard?

Reply to