GE french door Fridge, freezer has light frost

I have a 2 month old GE Profile french door bottom fridge that recently I noticed light frost on the ceiling of the freezer. It's not a lot, but enough that some got on the drawer tracks of the pull out tray, making it a little harder to pull out. I also noticed some on the clear lens cover of the light bulb. Could this be the result of me raising the temp of the freezer slightly ?. They recommend 0 deg for the freezer, and I bumped it up to like 3 deg because I thought the ice cream was kind of hard.

Reply to
Mikepier

Three words...WARRANTY...WARRANTY...WARRANTY! IIRC that is one of their better appliances and something isn't right. This isn't anything you should have to struggle with. Odds are their customer service will come to the rescue (we can hope). Give them a call.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

anytime I have ever had frost, one of the kids had left the door open.

Reply to
hemm99

I understand there is a warranty, but I just thought I ask in case it's something simple. The frost is very light, not thick, and it's been consistent for the past 2 weeks. I'll keep an eye on it. I recently fixed my GE washer myself recently, even though it was under warranty. Turned out the water pump was clogged with foam from a broken stuffed animal. The GE tech was not coming for a few days. With a family of 5, laundry starts to pile up quick. Believe me, sometimes these repairmen make things worse when they leave.

Reply to
Mikepier

Hey Mike! Uh oh!....I have the exact same unit (altho ours is a narrow model to fit in our new frig space). I plugged ours in about a week ago. Pls let me know what you find out!!

--Jeff

Reply to
Jeff B

I noticed something interesting last night. The freezer door was slightly open, but not enough to the point the alarm would sound. When I looked inside, the frost that was there had melted to droplets, probably from the warm air that had entered the freezer. So I wiped down whatever I could, and closed the door. Now I'll see when I get home what it looks like. It could have been the door was left open at one time for the frost to form. Another thing I noticed, the frost seemed to be forming around the area of the icemaker, which could suggest that while the icemaker fills with water, the fan blows the water droplets out the vent, and then the frost forms. We'll see.

Reply to
Mikepier