Gates investigating COVID

We'll have answers soon...

Larry

Ah, another link to an article on the self-serving website of the notorious quack Joseph Mercola. If only he had any credentials at all in epidemiology or virology. Or any credentials at all. Sure, he's a D.O. Just like 150,000 or so other osteopaths in the U.S.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Looks like he is selling books, not truth. Can't read the article unless I give an email address so he can send me junk.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I trust the FDA about as much as I trust CNN/ABC/*NBC/CBS etc.

Reply to
Larry

I was going to say maybe someone should investigate Mercola, but then I figured why give this more attention.

Reply to
trader_4

Do you trust Fox? NY Post? They had to retract the lies they told about Kamala's book.

Ed Pawlowski

Maybe if there is any value to this whole mess, it should make us pause before we believe everything a doctor says just because he has been to medical school. There are lots of quacks and posers out there. Just like bad plumbers and bad car mechanics, there are plenty of bad doctors and plenty of conflicting opinions. Most suspect are those flogging a book or trying to advance a political agenda.

Reply to
gfretwell

Re: Mercola, see:

Not surprisingly, last year, when almost the entire Federal executive and legislative branches of government were under the control of he who shall not be named and his "party", the inquiry went nowhere.

Reply to
Retirednoguilt

Fox also retracted their lies about Biden taking away red meat. That's the good news. The bad news is that some of the other right wings 'news' outlets just let their lies stand, without retraction.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

Most of us knew that already, since it's basic common sense. It's interesting that the quacks were generally trotted out by the far right as part of the Trump circus.

Moral for the Trump supporters: a doctor is not a doctor is not a doctor. Not all doctors know the same things. Scott Atlas may be an idiot, but he wasn't the only one.

Most suspect are those who are eager to speak outside of their area of expertise, especially when they so clearly contradict actual experts. It's easy to identify and ignore the quacks, but you have to want to.

Reply to
Jim Joyce

On Thu, 29 Apr 2021 00:10:07 -0500, Jim Joyce posted for all of us to digest...

Like Dr. Biden ?

Reply to
Tekkie©

Or any other PhD, EdD, or similar. You seem to think she's unique in using her title. If I had a buck for every arrogant PhD I've met who got his shorts in a twist if you didn't call him Dr., I could retire early.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 12:01:12 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com posted for all of us to digest...

Hey, I worked at a school district, king of titles...

Reply to
Tekkie©

invalid unparseable

They buy what they sell. A lousy teacher with a PhD makes almost twice as much as a great teacher with a BA.

Reply to
gfretwell

She doesn't claim to have any medical knowlege. She DOES have her phd

- so she IS entitled to the title.

These right-wing looney Docs are like an electrical engineer criticising the design of a bridge or sewage system designed by a civil enineer, or the design of something designed by a mechanical engineer. Or any of them criticising a stationary or locomotive engineer's operation of fis boiler or train. after all, an engineer's an engineer' right?

Reply to
Clare Snyder

That's a good one, but I've twice worked at The University of Michigan.

Cindy Hamilton

Reply to
angelica...

Funny we didn't see you saying that when Trump had a loon radiologist formulating Covid policy.

Reply to
trader_4

I've always worked for small companies without rigid hierarchical charts so I made up titles to fit the occasion. My brother was a VP of a major aerospace company. He explained they made him a VP because the clients feel special when they are talking to a VP and it was no big thing.

I think Harris has a much greater vision for her VP role.

Reply to
rbowman

On Fri, 30 Apr 2021 21:35:29 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com posted for all of us to digest...

It's now about 3X... The HR person at the time I started gave me the mantra, she was another great person the district lost.

If you can't do - teach. If you can't teach - become an administrator. If you can't administrate - become a superintendent. If you can't be a super - become a professor.

That's how Apple became a name. Flooded schools with whiz-bang graphics and low performing s/w & "networking". No thinking involved and if it broke you had one expensive source for parts.

Reply to
Tekkie©