Gas water heater, tank vs tankless

That's why that score called "Reading Comprehension" is generally so low for American school kids. They might be able to READ but they can't understand what they have read!

Reply to
Mark

I have two on demand gas water heaters that are located in seasonal rental properties. Under this conditionn where use is somewhat sporatic they worked well. When I was renting a house to an elderly couple they had no problems with it . When the same house was rented out to a family of 5 They never had enough hot water and I had to install a 50 gal propane water heater. The house was 3 b3droom 3.5 bathes. Their biggest complaint was that two people couldnt shower at the same time and ding laundry caused a problem Its my understanding that when the manufacturers wrote up their comparisons on the on demand heaters that they compared them to the most poorly insulated inefficent tanked units they could find and compared US style baths ( 20 minutes) to Japanese style baths(3 min).

HAve you seen the installation cost on these things. When I installed mine I was replcing gas and it wasnt to bad. If you are replacing electtric the only person benifiting frrom it is the installer. The savings will pay for the installation just about the time it has to be replaced. JMO

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

[info on ignorant plumbers cut]

This all is really interesting, but what strikes me is that you seem not to be relying on these for year-round use. I am not sure whether using these in real winters is a good proposition; they seem perfect for your summer use, but do you have anecdotal evidence from people who are using them in the middle of a freezing winter for 6 months on end?

Reply to
KLS

I have a small Bosch 117000 BTU and it works great with 35f incomming, and I had a 4-5 year payback. Its the ignorant screwballs that cant afford one that Bitch to confirn their superioraty of knowlege and Diss tanlkess for no reason . Tards. Like ......

Reply to
ransley

I have. It appears you havent. Go take a shower, stinky. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

Hey retard. Learn to spell. Christ! You probably have a spell check in the program you are using to post you dimwit. That way you won't look like such a toothless moron. Maybe if you would just shower the crud off your filthy body you would be able to think better. See ya stinky. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

You mean "tards" like you that can't spell, ransley? By the way, which is it? Is it a 4 year payback for your or a 5 year payback? Oh, that's right. You dont know because you make all this shit up and pull these numbers out of your ass. Bubba

Reply to
Bubba

The devil to all this is in the details. There is no doubt that tankless can be good solutions for the right application. However, you have to take into account what people are using them for. For example, using tankless in a summer home and taking sequential showers is very different than using on in MN in the winter and expecting to be able to run 2 showers and a washing machine at the same time. Or just stating that it works great with 35 incoming, with no info on what the hot water demands are, doesn't say much either. With 35 deg water, I'm sure you can get a unit that will supply a household of 6, the obvious question is how much it will cost, how much the install will cost, will the existing gas service support it, etc.

Reply to
trader4