gas oven thermostat replacement

I have a GE JGBS17PEA4WH gas range. I need to replace the thermostat. The thermostat is a WB20K10023 GE range / wall oven thermostat with a 43-inch long capillary tube. I can't figure out how to get the probe into the oven without removing all of the insulation, something I don't want to get involved in. Any hints out there? thanks

Reply to
kme187

Howdy,

Perhaps I am misinterpreting your question, but...

For years, I had a Garland commercial range in my home kitchen. Its thermostat died at some point.

It was a similar setup to what you describe, but its long tube simply threaded along the roof of the oven.

Are you sure that it has to be routed between the interior and exterior walls?

Good luck with it,

Reply to
Kenneth

thanks, I took the plunge and tried one more time to get it through the insulation. turned out to be very simple, the probe just fits through a slot in the oven roof and mounts to the interior back wall.

-ke

Reply to
kme187