Gas oven popping noise

We have a Maytag gas range that is about 7 years old. My wife and I bought the house about 3 years ago. I have noticed a popping noise coming from the oven, which I assume is not dangerous since it has been doing it for about 3 years but I am wondering what the noise is.

We turn on the oven, it lights up and heats up the oven. While the oven heats you can hear a slight hising noise that I assume is the flow of gas into the oven. Eventually when the oven is heated up the hissing stops but a second or two after there is always a popping/puff noise that follows.

What is that noise?

Reply to
mdauria

sounds ike gas shutting off and on. if a gas appliance fails to light immediately the gas builds up till theres enough to go BOOM.

Actually a small explosion. Most often caused by a dirty burner

Reply to
hallerb