gas fireplace PROBLEM...PLEASE help

I have a gas fireplace. FOr a few weeks, it was taking a long time for the gas to kick on when I flipped the switch to turn it on. Now, the pilot light is blowing out everytime I switch the fireplace on. Any ideas? Obviously I am not anywhere near being an expert on this and could use any suggestions, as there is a winter storm right now and I wanted to turn the fire on.

Thanks!

Reply to
KatePeters

Make a call to a service company.

That's the best idea.

~kjpro~

Reply to
~KJPRO~

It could be several things. Some could be dangerous, but I am guessing they are unlikely. However someone is going to have to find out WHY you are having the problem, before anyone can tell you how to fix it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan