gas clothes dryer

Need a little help....Glow plug ignitor is getting AC but it wasn't getting red, ordered a new one and tested it without the drum or gas raceway installed and it began to glow red. Put the dryer back together and no heat, took apart again and now new glow plug is not getting red?? My gas valve coils are reading opens with everything off and unplugged, is that correct? Could the glow plug have arced to the gas raceway and burnt it out?? Not sure where to go from here.

Cable steve

Reply to
hfctech1

i'm not actually sure what appliance this is for, but: on my gas clothes dryer, i looked for the wiring diagram, it was hidden so well inside the front wall that i didn't find it until the end of the repair. my problem was first the temperature sensor has drifted in its range of resistance, causing a condition of all cycles were too hot for months. then, tumbles but won't dry: the hi cutout sensor had failed and sent no power to the gas valve. i replaced the sensors after playing around with every other test. i would guess a gas valve would show resistance, but see also:

buffalobill

Repairclinic.com is your friend.

Joe

Reply to