Gas boiler

My Burnham gas boiler is 30 years old. Does it make sense to replace it now or wait til the thing craps out. I know the new boilers are more efficient but not sure if it makes sense dollar wise to change it out. Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim Mac

You have to run your numbers on gas and cost, a new unit could save

15-17% on Ng
Reply to
ransley

Reply to
bigjimpack

When you have it serviced the service man checks the efficiency. Get that figure and compare it to new boilers and see how many hears it would take to recover the replacement costs.

Reply to
Blattus Slafaly

I'd leave it go for a couple more years. Put $500 in the bank every year, until then.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The service man cannot check the efficency of the unit, only burner efficency. Most old designs are 80% any way.

Reply to
ransley