Garage Torsion Spring Repair - Chicago

The torsion spring on my garage snapped the other day. I looked up how to replace it online and I don't feel I'm quite up for the job. Does anyone know of a good repair person in the Chicagoland area?

Thanks

-d

Reply to
darryl

You might want to call Wayne Dalton if you don't know anyone else if they have a store in your area. Near me they fix all brands..... not just their own.

Be careful for a crooked company with a full page ad in the yellow pages that shouts $29.95 service call. They will come and claim you need $600 of repairs. They are crooks. For that amount of money you can buy a new door.

Reply to
Art

Richard Costello R J Riteway Door Corp (w) (773) 523-6855 (f) (773) 523-6866 (e) snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net

Slawoj Ostowski Poldoor Corp (w) (773) 725-1556 (f) (773) 725-1564 (e) snipped-for-privacy@poldoor.com

Eric Wozny Crystal Door Inc (w) (773) 283-6677 (f) (773) 777-0460 (e) snipped-for-privacy@crystaldoor.net

Reply to
Rich

For the 'burbs, call The Door Doctor at 630-551-1592. We had our entire door (springs, rails, and all) replaced by him at a really good price and his work was excellent.

Disclaimer: no connection except as a satisfied customer. We got the name by recommendation.

Reply to
clifto