garage drainage problem

I currently have a detached two car garage that has a concrete floor. The grade of the garage is lower than that of the driveway so when it rains,water has a tendency to run into the garage right through the doors and flood floor. I plan on tearing up the concrete floor and replacing it with new concrete that would have a 2 inch lip in the front and be pitched from the back of the garage to the doors. I would like to put a drainage trech in front of the garage and pitch the water to one side. The only major problem is that the structure rests right on the property line and the grade is pitched right onto my neighbor's property. I have asked my neighbor about draining the water onto his property but he refused. I was thinking of attaching the drainage trench in front of the garage to a pipe that would run underneath the concrete floor and attaching it to a catch basin that would be buried behind the garage. The basin would also be on my property. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated Dave G.

Reply to
Dave G

Drains get full of debris. You might consider a creative slant to the drive way if you can find a good concrete guy.

Reply to
Art