Garage door problem

I manually opened our garage door (with the rope pull). Ever since the door will not close all the way and the light does not go on (opening or closing). It seems as though it is not catching the little metal trollet all the way as the door does not lock anymore (I can always push it open without using the rope).

Anyone else ever have this problem?

Thx

Reply to
junk food

Try opening the door and then pushing it up further than ususal so the slider hooked to the door snaps onto the gizmo driven by the motor.

That's how my Craftsman one works...

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

I'm sure other folks have had this problem , however it should not exist as a problem. When pulling the door open manually most trolleys disengage from the track. They generally have a position that keeps them that way til you pull the rope back the other way. See what happens when you pull the rope fore and aft, and watch carefully to see if there's a difference. There should be. Also check operation after moving the rope each direction. Generally if you pull the rope toward the front of the garage, it will latch it to the trolley, pulling it toward the floor with garage closed on mine will disengage the trolley. I think The one I have is a Genie Brand opener.........came with the house.

There's also a tag on mine explaining the trolleys operation for manual opening and closing.

Hope this helps

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

MUADIB®

The problem was a slight upward bend of metal in one of the corners (where the trolley locks into). I hammered on it a while to flatten it out and got the trolley to fully lock in.

The sound it was making made it seem as though it was locking, but it wasn't. Just a tight enough fit to get the door opened and closed (almost).

Thx for the reply's!

Reply to
junk food