Garage door opener manual remote switch

Subject: Garage door opener manual remote switch Newsgroup: alt.home.repair => Danny

Yes.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Can anyone tell me what the voltage requirements are for a switch that will be used to replace an existing inside the house garage door opener manual switch?

I have purchased a replacement, and I understand that the line coming from the garage door opener is basically a low voltage unit. I've purchased what is a door bell ringer switch, but it's rated at up to 16 volts. Will this work for what I want to do?

The Garage Door opener is a Sears Craftsman/Chamberlain unit.

Thanks,

Danny

Reply to
Danny

It will work fine.

That's what I bought and used. My kids kept losing their house key so I install a hidden switch to the garage doors.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Sears has an wireless touchpad remote that is programable to your favorite code. Takes a 9v battery. Check their web site to see which model you needed.

I would not even consider the wired models any more.

Reply to
SQLit