Garage Door Motor unit just hums

When turning the on/off switch or using the remote, the opener just hums. The light comes on but opener does not engage into closing or opening.

Reply to
Dan Yagow

Probably forgot the lyrics. I do that too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Without taking the cover off and telling us what you see I doubt we can help you. May be a stripped gear, broken belt, motor or drive bound up or a bad motor.

Reply to
gfretwell

Thank you for sharing.

Reply to
ed

Don'tcha just hate when that happens.

From what your post says about you, you'd be wise to stay off the ladder, don't open the case, leave all your tools in the kitchen junk drawer, and call a repairman.

Reply to
Bobby Axelrod

You need lyrics.

Contact me.

Oscar Hammerstein

Reply to
micky

Likely needs the gear set replaced - nylon worm and pinion. About a half hour job -0 last set I did cost about $39.

Reply to
clare

that or a bad motor capacitor m

Reply to
makolber

Like most HomeMoanersHub posts, we'll probably never hear from him beyond the one hit wonder. Mostly two kinds of posters there. One asks a vague question and disappears. The others revive 10 year old threads and reply as if the question was asked yesterday.

Reply to
trader_4