Gadget for detecting water leaks

I once saw a home inspector using a small hand held gadget to detect if there is a water leak (or excessive moisture) behind the drywall of a finished basement. Does anybody know the name of that device, is it reliable to use and is it expensive to purchase ?
I have a newly finished basement and I want one to monitor what's going on behind the walls.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
Add image file
Upload is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.