furring channels for new construction

I picked up a couple hundred pieces of what looked to me like metal studs at an auction for $10. Since then I have found out that they are "Furring Channels". They are 7/8 in deep and 12 feet long 20 gauge galvinized steel.

I am now planning out building a 8X8 shed. I was plannning to use

2x4s and 2x6's for the framing and plywood for the floors and walls and courigated steel for the roof.

I would like to know if there is any way I can use these furring channels to take the place of any of the wood materials that I would otherwise have to buy. Can they be used under the plywood floor in place of the 2x6's? Can they be used to hold up the walls or roof in place of 2x4's? Any ideas are welcome.

If there is no application for these Furring Channels, any ideas what I could do with them?

Reply to
easy

They are also known as DWC or hat channel. They make really great furring strips. They make really lousy studs, rafters, joists, etc. Lesson learned, don't buy a pig in the poke. Any commercial drywaller will probably give you your money back.

Reply to
DanG