Furnace humifier maintenance

I live in dry Colorado. I have a Lennox furnace humidifier. When I open it up I see a lot of mineral deposites in it -- calcium I guess. It's white stiff. Do I need to clean that stuff out periodically? Otherwise, it seems to work fine...

Reply to
Never Enough Money

Yep. Clean it or replace the pad.

Reply to
HeatMan
1: remove the pad from the humidifier. 2: place pad in 50% vinegar 50% warm water for aprox. 10 min 3: rinse pad thoroughly with warm tap water 4: reinstall pad if you do this every 3-6 weeks depending on if you have "city water" or well water you may be able to get 2-3 seasons out of one pad if you have well water you may want to get an inline water softener just for the humidifier (about 10 dollars) if all this seems like too much, just replace the pad every year (12-20 dollars)
Reply to
bowlophonic