Front door leak

I recently installed a new front entry door slab into an existing frame. During driving rain, water leaks at the two bottom corners. The door fits tightly and has a wrap around sweep. I placed vinyl wedges at the frame corners. It still leaks. Any suggestions? Could I have installed the wrong sweep or done so incorrectly?

Reply to
jdsmith

jd,

Is the slab pitched away from the door frame? Water should not be running towards the door. Door sweeps are designed to prevent air leaks not water leaks

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel

If you have driving rain hitting the door that hard, you should install a storm door. Entry doors are not meant to be waterproof.

Neither are storm doors, but they can help keep the driving rain from coming in.

Reply to
DerbyDad03