Friend Blames Me for House Fire

I helped a friend roof his house in December. The weather was cold but we got the new shingles on. A few days later there were high winds and 20 or so shingles ripped off the roof. I checked and found the self adhesive pads on the shingles were not sticking because it was too cold. I told him we needed to heat the roof to make them stick. We replaced the missing shingles, and I tried a hair dryer to heat them. That was too slow, and was not making them stick very good. I told him we needed a faster method, and suggested using gasoline, and told him it was safe as long as it was spread thin enough. I took two 5 gallon cans of gasoline and brushed it on the whole roof with a large broom. I got on the ladder so I could get off the roof fast, and I tossed a match and let it burn. I figured it would burn fast because of the gas being spread so thinly, and would go out in a few seconds, but would create enough heat to make the shingles stick. Instead the whole roof went up in flames and the house burned to the ground. My friend is blaming me for the fire, and has even said he is going to sue me, and called the police saying it was arson. It's not my fault, I already know what went wrong. Some of the gasoline ran into roof vents and right after I set it on fire the winds picked up. The winds blew the fire into the vents and ignited the gasoline that dripped in there, and that started the attic on fire. The weather is what caused the fire, not me. I do think that maybe I should have put duct tape on the vents, but I never thought the winds would pick up right after I started the fire. He's being a real jerk about it. This is the last time I help a friend. I shouldn't even call this guy a friend, because he's an asshole. But if he wants to lose a friend over a stupid house, that's his right. I already told him he needed a new house anyhow, and pointed out to him how old, crappy, and run down his house was. But he is just being a total ass, and so is his wife. I wont help him ever again with anything.

Reply to
dopesellerdude666

I wouldn't either. What an ungrateful sob...

Reply to
indago

Ever hear of 'The Darwin Awards', or 'News From The Weird' ?

Reply to
PhotoMan

You're a troll aren't you?

If you're not, then you don't need friends, you need professional mental help.

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

Doesn't qualify if you live to tell about it.

Reply to
John Hines

.:\:/:. +

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to
David Babcock

I suspect this is a troll but I also can believe it. I once had an employee explain to me why he was late:

Me: why are you late? Him: I had to wait for the fire department to put out my house Me: Why was the house on fire? Him: It spread from the garage Me: Why was the garage on fire? Him: THe car sorta caught fire Me: THis sounds good. Go on. Him: It wouldn't start (tapping foot sound) Him: It was cold and we decided to preheat the cars oil (more foot tapping sounds) Him: The gasoline we used to light the charcoal under the oil pan kinda exploded.......

Reply to
jmagerl

His neighbor may not be through with him. ;-)

Reply to
PhotoMan

Nah, just another shit stain...

Reply to
AHOLE in Charge

The combination of the poster's name, the quality of the writing and grammar, and the abject stupidity of the idea don't add up to a true story. But it's funny anyway. Have you thought of submitting the idea to the writers of Trailer Park Boys? I can see Julian and Bubbles trying this one.

Ricky

Reply to
Java Man (Espressopithecus)

Is your last name Bush?

Hound Dog

Reply to
Hound Dog

Made my day on a boring Saturday. Hope it was a comic joke.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

AAMOF it does *if* the person has rendered themselves incapable of contributing to the genetic pool as a result of their feat.

Reply to
Melinda Meahan - take out TRAS

I didn't realize he had his nuts cut off, that would qualify, as would sterilization, say by radiation.

Being too much a loser to get a date doesn't earn any awards.

Reply to
John Hines

Well Trollin Stormin Mormin , next time you do a roof I will PAY to come see the job being done, I dont blame you from hiding your name You should be embarased

Reply to
m Ransley

Yea to the duct tape. You should have used duct tape.

Reply to
jriegle

I had a similar problem with a friend. One day he asked me to for help as his wife wasnt having good orgasms. Now the SOB is blaming me for his wife is pregnant and he says its mine. I mean like how did he think I was gonnas help him. WHat did he think I was gonna look up there. He knows I'm not a Gyno. Some people dont appreciate anything.

Reply to
Ron

Reply to
Michael Baugh