fridge condenser

Where do you find the condenser for a "White Westinghouse" refrigerator? I looked on their website (Frigidaire) and could not find the model which is RE129RD-1. I was looking for a schematic. Also how do you clean it? Thanks Pat

Reply to
Patt

the condensor coil is the coil that removes the heat from the refrigerator.. on any refrig. it either on the bottom or the back of the box.. take the ref. away from the wall... look on the back if it does not have a black coil there then it is under the ref. maybe have to take the cordboard off the bottom in the back or take the kick panel off the front on the bottom...

Reply to
jim

That looks like a *Canadian* model in which case you won't likely find any

*specific* data about it at the Frigidaire (USA) web site (or anywhere else on-line unfortunately).

Canadian Frigidaire built models will either have the condenser coils up the back of the fridge cabinet (usually painted black) or hidden as part of the cabinet itself.

Cleaning of the condenser coils mainly applies to models with a forced air condenser (fan by the compressor) which Cdn Frigidaire built model didn't usually use. Although if you have the condenser up the back, it wouldn't hurt to vacuum them. There is nothing that needs cleaning on models with built-in condensers.

If you have a specific problem with your fridge, please post the symptoms and we'll try to suggest a course of action applicable to your model.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to