Fresh air:

Hi group. Does anyone here have an fresh air make up system for their furnace that has an electrically controlled damper ? I know in the past home owners just ran an air duct to the outside, but this caused an cold basement.I would like to install an system if it is cost effective.

Sal

Reply to
sal

What you really need is an energy recovery ventilation system. Some of them can be quite expensive. Here's some information on the subject.

[8~{} Uncle Monster

Reply to
Uncle Monster

An average US house naturally leaks about 200 cfm, so most of them don't need ERVs.

Nick

Reply to
nicksanspam

Years ago I was in a house so tight that when you turned on the bathroom vent, it pulled air down the fireplace chimney.

[8~{} Uncle Monster
Reply to
Uncle Monster