Fremont Neighborhood Under Siege After Gang Of Wild Turkeys Moves In

"FREMONT (KPIX) ? Many Bay Area towns and cities seeing more wild turkeys than usual this year. In Fremont, one fed-up homeowner says a turkey attacked him.

In the past few years, the Warm Springs neighborhood in Fremont hasn?t been the same since a gang moved in"

Reply to
Oren

Oren posted for all of us...

I presume they can't use firearms to thin the herd.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Grab them up by the head and use a sharp machete to chop the head off. Then you can have free range turkey for dinner!

Reply to
Muggles

The California lefty looneys don't own a pocket knife let alone a sharp machete...nice idea in the other 49 though.  ;-)

Reply to
Ed

I watch several homesteading shows! Nuff said! :)

Reply to
Muggles

Ex-Livermore denizen, here.

My other 'ex-Livermore' friend also moved, but not before he sed there were NOW dozens of wild turkeys roaming around his old neighborhood. Seems they've moved down outta the foothills and followed their wild hog buddies down into the lower SFBA proper.

Nary a single one, here in the CO Rockies. 8|

nb

Reply to
notbob

There are a number of different kinds of trapping device that would work. (snares, box traps, leg hold traps etc). I guy who was decent with a cast net might be able to get them 2 or 3 at a time, throwing it off his balcony. The problem is how would you actually kill the turkey and not be accused of being inhumane? Remember all the shit Sarah Palin got in because she inadvertently showed how it was done at a turkey farm? These snowflakes prefer thinking turkeys grow on trees in those plastic bags they come in at Ralphs.

Reply to
gfretwell

Apparently, this CA native son is NOT a snowflake. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

I bet the Mexicans can and we have Cubans here who can do it one handed

Reply to
gfretwell

Then you would be eating a lot of turkey then. BTW Great hedge on the apocalypse. Maybe we should be infesting the cities and suburbs with game (more than now). When they got hungry, it might keep them in town longer so we would not have to shoot as many when starvation set in ;-)

Reply to
gfretwell

I can relate. but I simply moved to CO. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Muggles posted for all of us...

I was looking through my old ammo and saw some apocalypse stuff and realize d I gotta shoot the stuff up it's probably 3 years old...

Reply to
Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

California wants to ban everything. I think steel shot is still legal, although I'm not much of a bird hunter. Too much difference between a Butterball and wild.

Your fire theory sounds logical.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Oren posted for all of us...

I would like to protest things like that but I don't have the bux or youth.

Reply to
Tekkie®