Freezer works but doesn't get cold.

I have a small chest freezer (8cf i think) that is two years old. It doesn't get cold at all, although the compressor works and the pipes accumulate ice.

Anyone have an idea as to why it won't freeze?

tia.

Reply to
rickd

I have a small chest freezer (8cf i think) that is two years old. It doesn't get cold at all, although the compressor works and the pipes accumulate ice.

Anyone have an idea as to why it won't freeze?

tia.

Reply to
rickd

Defrost cycle is stuck on, the door leaks, you're low on coolant, the drain plug is open, or you're not waiting long enough.

Does it run continuously, or start and stop?

Reply to
Goedjn

Reply to
buffalobill

Uh, if it was working, wouldn't it get cold?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Don't know if defrost is stuck on. It run constantly with white frost/ice buildup on pipes. It's in a house (room temp) Door leaks?... what do you mean by this?

Reply to
rickd

Ya. But not just the pipes in the back:)

Reply to
rickd
1) Let it run over n ight. Some times refrig and freezers take some time to get going. 2) Likely low on freon. At this point, it may be worth calling an appliance repairman to recharge it, or it may be cheaper to buy a new one.
Reply to
Stormin Mormon