freezer

Hi, our 3 month old upright freezer has a lot of frost, is this normal?

Reply to
indep

Your kidding?

check

crystalball.freezer.com

Reply to
SQLit

No it implies that either the defrost cycle is not happening (timer or heating element is bad) or that the door is not sealing completely and room air is freely circulating (check the door seal)

Reply to
PipeDown

Some uprights are not frost-free.

I've had a chest for at least six years now. I haven't defrosted it yet. But then I don't open it very often. How often does the OP open theirs?

Don (e-mail link at home page bottom).

Reply to
Don Wiss

Reply to
mwlogs

I would think a chest freezer wouldn't get as much frost to begin with. When you open an upright, all the cold air falls out, replaced probably by warmer air with more humidity. When you open a chest, not much happens, right?

Reply to
mm

Does it have a defrost switch

Reply to