Foundation Vents

OK, my son has carelessly taken our weedeater and damaged our Fountdation vents. Is there any way to replace or repair these vents? Please help.

Thanks Josh

Reply to
1982crew

What type of vents are they? There's certainly some way to either repair or replace, but you'd have to give more details first.

Reply to
Joshua Putnam

Josh,

Foundation vents can be as simple as sheet metal with louvers cut into them or plastic, to hinged devices with thermostats attached to open/close depending on temp.

Either way, they are probably just nailed or screwed into the wooden frame set into the foundation. If they can be removed cleanly, you may be able to bend or hammer it back into shape. If not, they are pretty cheap to replace at the local Home Depot or Lowes (in the roofing/concrete section).

Let us know if you have a different situation,

James

Reply to
teabird