Foundation sealer that works from the inside on cracks?

I know that most people tell me that none of them work but for the time being I'm not going to jack hammer out the patio where I need to go down to tar the hole from the outside. It's a small crack that leaks or really leaches small amounts of water only when it's really teaming outside as it is today in NY.

Is there a product that anyone likes for this I see them at Home Depot but I don't know which one to use.

BF

Reply to
Wild Bill Mehlhorn

None of them work. :-)

Okay, it's true that these products *will* effectively seal a concrete block. What's also true is that they will *not* effectively seal an entire wall built of concrete blocks. The cute litte demos you may see at stores with a water pump and a treated/untreated block are obviously effective for a head of 8" of water (42 psf); but if that head gets to be 8 feet (500 psf) outside your wall, believe me, water will either find a way through or peel it right off the wall trying. Given the cost & effort to apply these products properly, I'll leave it up to you as to whether or not it's worth it.

$.02, Joe F.

Reply to
rb608

It's not block it's just a regular poured foundation, 75 years old, but poured.

--

Reply to
Barry Feldman

Scroll back a few days to the post titled "Cracked basement walls" (Feb 4th) by PVR.

Reply to
vairxpert