Food storage sealer

My plain vanilla Sears "press & seal" food storage appliance just went South after many years. I have looked & looked on-line but can only find expensive vacuum seal appliances, which which I don't want. On my Golden Oldie, you just stuck in the plastic bag or other item to be sealed,, pressed down, the light went on, hold it down a few seconds, and it was done. No drip pans, no hoses, no nothin', just press and seal.

Anybody know of a source?

TIA

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Only seals that I know of are commercial/industrial models that are far more expensive than the Foodsaver. I'm not sue what you consider expensive, but they are in the $100 range.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

ebay ..... might even your exact model

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

What exctly went south, the heating element, the power cord, the case?????

Reply to
hrhofmann

At first I thought it was the power cord, because it showed some burned places where somebody had let it rest against the toaster while I was away. So I cut off the burned portions, stripped the wires to put on a new plug, but no luck. DOA.

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Consider a shrink-wrap sealer.

Reply to
HeyBub

The bottom-line Rival Seal-A-Meal is just like that (I've got one). I found mine at Goodwill, new in box. Saw a couple there the other day, too. Assuming you don't live near the Shiawassee County Goodwill store, I always see several like it on eBay, as well, when I go there to buy the bags.

Reply to
Jo Ann

I looked on Ebay, but didn't see my model.

I saw a more expensive one and queried the seller, but haven't heard back. I couldn't tell whether it was just plain seal-a-meal or the vacuum type.

Will keep looking, tx

Reply to
Higgs Boson