Foam or Mortar under tub

I'm still trying to decide on expandable foam or mortar under a fiberglass/second story tub. I've used foam under shoer stalls to give them support in older apt bldgs... doesn't really seem to be that much support.....

So cast a vote.....foam or mortar.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Cano

Check the installation manual. I'll bet it specifies mortar.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

strotolite (Probably wrong spelling) it is commonly used for the scratch coat over lath for true plaster walls. Put a peice of plastic drop cloth 2x the size of the tub base under the tub add the mud then fold the plastic over the top of the mud. keeps it from sticking to the bottom of the tub . dont stand in the tub till it has set or you may get a gap and not get full support. Gary

GVecere