Floor Stapler 3/4, 5/16 to 3/8?

I have a floor stapler I got a while back which does 3/4 and 5/16 flooring. It looks like I will be doing a 3/8 floor. Will this work on a 3/8 floor? It's just a 1/16 difference. I don't see an adapter for 3/8. Thought someone here may have some experience at this. I see they have staplers for 3/8 but since I have this one and only do occasional stuff thought I would ask for ideas. Thanks.

Reply to
arthur.moore

I don't see why not. So long as the staple is long enough that's the main thing. So use the longer staples, the ones for 3/4 and they would be long enough.

Reply to
Lawrence

It's not so much the overall thickness, but the offset from the tongue to the upper surface of the flooring. The nose where the staple or nail comes out should just clear the tongue when the stapler is in position on the board. On most models you can change plastic bottom plates and/or add shims to get it correct. Shims would be easy to make if you can't find them to buy.

Reply to
DT