Floor question

Can I have a finished wood floor, such as Bruce, floated on a current vinyl covering or need I go with a Pergo type floor? Norma

Reply to
Norma

If the vinyl is adhered well to the existing floor, you shouldn't have any problems. It's the floor, and it isn't going anywhere...

Norma wrote:

Reply to
tim1198

I agree that you should have no problem laying down pre-finished hardwood over an existing vinyl flooring product. The vinyl should be thin enough not to cause any issues with the installation and longevity of the hardwood.

Reply to
Brew Man