Flashlights, old style, hundreds of them...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

That's not a horrible flashlight, Garrity is a real name. I would shop them around to independent stores. Other posters are right about a chain like "The Dollar Store" but there are plenty of no name dollar stores who sell what they can get cheap.

Reply to
gfretwell

Pretty close to half the households in the U.S. don't pay income taxes according to an article I read a few days ago.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I can't either - they are such CRAP. I used to give them to my girls when they went to camp figuring they'd just get lost anyway - and invariably they'd come home with them - not working - and "Daddy, can you fix my flashlight?" In their eyes I could fix anything - so it was a real letdown to them when I told them they'd get new ones next year-----.

Reply to
clare

They ARE better than a lot - they usually work at least once. They didn't stand up well to my Kids' abuse though. I think they make a couple grades too - I usually got them at Canadian Tire in 2-packs or

3-packs for a couple bucks. The switches were the weak point, generally.
Reply to
clare

There is a drop in LED bulb (about $9) that will work for most of them. Then sell them for $20 as high tech retro LED flashlights?

Reply to
cavelamb

Old story.

The liars club had its annual meeting and everyone told tall tales some rather long and innvolved. Last guy up simply says, "I have to adult children and a flashlight at home and they all work".

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Holy Shit!!! I'M RICH..... I'M RICH!!!!

Oh, the Amazon link INCLUDES batteries.... hmmmm.... Now, I just need 500 D cells.... : :(

The cheapest you can get D cells seems to be a little under a buck each:

So that means the flashlight itself is about $1.50.

I'm surprised nonLED flashlights are being manufactured/sold at all.

A flashlight with 2 D cells is more like a club. Heh, in fact, mag lites with 4+ D cells ARE used as clubs, by the poh-lice.

Reply to
Existential Angst

Heh, my mega-employer musta bought 20,090 flashlights, to replace our Old D-cell Reliables. The new flashlights use C cells, have a kitchy but useless belt clamp, and have a pushbutton switch on the back end. The first thing to go was that effing switch, so now we have to turn them on/off via twisting the front.

Gotta luv mega-bureaucracy.....

It's amazing how difficult it apparently is to get a battery, bulb, and switch in a tube to work.

Reply to
Existential Angst

My cousin would probably buy a bunch of these. He owns a 12 unit motel. Every time the power is off, people come to the office, to borrow a flashlight. Which opens up an idea, perhaps motels around you would like to buy them.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Donate them!

I'll take them all and give you a receipt too.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

You mean, like fer taxes??

I'm doing this on behalf of an in-law, so I don't have the final say-so -- altho it certainly is in my interest to get them out of the house. I'll keep you posted on what the upshot is, and see if I can get them over to you, depending depending. . Ahm so *proud*, tho, that this flashlight actually appears on the internet... and on ebay!!

Hey, dude, you gave a buddy of mine (Richy) heart palpitations on those broached shafts -- he sez yer gettin'em finished for just about his

*material cost*.... goodgawd....
Reply to
Existential Angst

Yep. Fer taxes. :0

I'll be here as will our effrots for years to come so let me know.

Someone here was kind enough to shoot us some bicycle repair tools which worked out great. They are on a ship going to Ghana as of a few days ago and will arrive and be distributed to the local bike repair guy in late May. Empowerment to bring a better future to the people. We are sending folks over to not jsut hand stuff out but to train, etc. It's a unique atmosphere there... No electricity but they can buy batteries.

LOL. I said the same thing about my 1960's Humber Super Snipe key - and then sold it.

I felt bad for him. My old man did the negotiations and has a knack for finding dirt cheap suppliers. I forget where he found the least expensive guy, but it was in country and probably in a town like Bucksnort, Arkansas or something...

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in news:JbJwn.181008$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe05.iad:

I was watching a PBS show yesterday,and they were showing bicycle frames made from bamboo,that were made in West Africa,it might have been Ghana. They looked pretty cool. They smoked the bamboo to harden it and preserve it.Then they used some sort of fiber to make the joints,probably with epoxy,they looked well finished. The guy said the frames were much lighter than they looked,and strong(enough to carry two people).The main tubing was about 2" in diameter.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

My wife says she will take 20

33928

Hell you might be able to get rid of all of them and put a few bucks in your pocket. Do you have a Pay Pal account?

Reply to
gfretwell

I usually use 50 cents a piece for batteries as a benchmark as to whether Sams, HD or whomever really has them on sale. That is an alkaline cell. Regular zinc cells or out of date cells can get real cheap.

Reply to
gfretwell

I'll take them all, and give you a certificate of appreciation.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Dollar Tree, near me. Went from four D cells fer a buck, and now it is three D cells.

I can't remember the prices at BJ's Wholesale club. But the alkalines are under a dollar each. Alkalines have four times the operating life as heavy duty. (Yes, I've tested an assortment of brands and devices, years ago.) Alkalines have much longer shelf life, also.

Heavy duties are good for places like my cousin's motel, where flashlights are often not returned.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That kind of reminds me of The National Lampoon's "Mail a meal" campaign from the early 1970's. If a kid didn't want to eat his broccoli, he could mail it to the starving children in Africa. I haven't read one of their magazines in years, I hope they are still blatantly politically incorrect.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sadly, they went belly up years ago. Cable TV and Internet proved too much competition for the amusement dollar. (MAD magazine will likely follow them to that great newsstand in the sky shortly. They are down to a quarterly publication at this point. In publishing world, that means 'start sending out resumes'.)

Their most reliable brain, PJ O'Rourke, is still out there, though. You can google his name for more recent biting satire.

Reply to
aemeijers