FIXED Nikon Coolpix camera flaws (battery door latch breaks) with a paperclip

I post this fix so that others who have the infamous Nikon Coolpix series of cameras can fix Nikon's engineering flaw in the camera body which Nikon refuses to fix despite the tens of thousands of unhappy Nikon Coolpix buyers.

Here is a photo of the Nikon Coolpix camera body BEFORE it breaks

Here is a photo of Nikon Coolpix camera body ultimately broken
Here a user fixed the Nikon Coolpix camera body with a paperclip
Here a user fix the Nikon Coolpix camera with a tripod
Here is how I fixed the Nikon Coolpix 3100 camera with epoxy
All the reviews totally missed the mark on the Nikon Coolpix camera

Jeanette Guire

Thse are throw away cameras like Timex watch.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

You are just a crossposting fool without the sense to understand that this is wildly OT for at least two of the three groups you polluted.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:33:52 GMT, Jeanette Guire wrote Re FIXED Nikon Coolpix camera flaws (battery door latch breaks) with a paperclip:

Nikon has been way over-rated for many years.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

Let's see, three groups xposted to:

ba.general (Announcements of GENERAL INTEREST to ALL readers I don't think there is much if anything that could be construed as off topic in that group except for Usenet spam.)

rec.audio.tech (the Coolpix does create audio recordings hence not off topic here)

rec.home.repair (the Coolpix can be considered an item of the home as in many other items in the home, mowers, drills, chain saws, that get freely and very regularly discussed without people like you crying about the topic and content being off topic.)

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Meat Plow

But the one most on topic, rec.photo.digital, wasn't included! Other possibilities are rec.photo.point+shoot and rec.photo.misc.

Don (e-mail link at page bottoms).

Reply to
Don Wiss

But one has to really wonder why there and nowhere else. After all, it's general to the Bay Area.

Yet that is stretching it, rather like asking about old computer hardware or the price of vacuum tubes in sci.electronics.repair

Cross-posting, like off-topic posts in general, is usually the result of someone too lazy to find the proper place to post.

You can stretch things, but if you overlook the proper place, then you're caught.

rec.home.repair (the Coolpix can be considered an item of the home as in

But is it about the repair of household items, or the repair of the house?

Even in the former case, surely it relates to things not likely found beyond the house. So a lawnmower would fit, but a camera is more than a stretch.

You might as well put your computer questions there, because after all, many/most houses have computers at this point.

The only thing worse than cross-posters and off-topic posters is their defenders.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Maybe she lives in the Bay area considering she posts using Pac Bell based in San Jose?

Those questions have been asked in SER and I don't recall anyone whining and crying like a baby about it unless you did. I welcome all electronic questions in electronic news groups. If the questions need more specific answers I try to steer the poster to a group where those answers are more likely to be found and not immediately bitch and f****ng moan about it being off topic like you do.

A post describing a repair of an A/V device was posted to an AV group and a repair group.

You're the one stretched out. And you've been lambasted from head to toe by people from many different walks of life and culture in sci.electronics.repair for being the topic censoring f*****ad you are.

It only matters to topic censoring fuckeads like you.

I've answered many computer questions there and don't remember anyone whining about being off topic. Well not until a topic censoring f*****ad like you came along.

Cross posting is the preferred way to propagate one message to multiple groups while keeping only one record of the message on each server hence saving server resources. I wouldn't expect a topic censoring f*****ad like you to know that.

Michael Black the topic censoring f*****ad.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I was commenting on the absurd statement made that this post was WILDLY off topic and "polluting" which to any rational thinking person it obviously was not.

In the future please refrain from snipping the reply I replied to (AKA context editing). That took my reply out of context for readers entering the thread late. I added it back just to be fair.

HAND

Reply to
Meat Plow

In the 1960s Seiko and Citizens watches where all throw aways too as were vehicles made by Datsun and Toyota...Nikon cameras were well respected for their lens quality...While I could be mistaken, I suspect that they still are.

Reply to
cedrowooly

Any group with the name ööö.gen is open to any subject that might interest people in that geographical area. How to repair a broken battery door on a camera seems appropriate in home.repair.

Reply to
cedrowooly

Pre or post filter them all if they annoy you. That's what we in the USA, USA, USA do.

Reply to
cedrowooly

Hi, Back then do you remember the test Leica engineers did? Dropping Leica vs. Canon, Nikon from a height, guess what happened. Also cold weather testing. Which camera went to moon first? Not Japanese one, Hasselblad. Pro grade cameras still have metal body, consumer grade? All plastic! Even most lens. At least prosumer grade is more rugged?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

But it comes down to "What you can sell, not What you can make." Doesn't it?

Reply to
cedrowooly

She was whining about it on news:rec.crafts.metalworking, as well.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell