Five foot corner whirlpool tub for two?

Does anyone have a five foot corner whirlpool tub that comfortable fits two (average size)? If so, what brand and model is it and are you happy with it?

We are remodeling our bathroom and it's driving us nuts trying to figure it out from the diagrams and it's difficult to track down where the tubs are on display.

Thanks much in advance!

Reply to
Concerned wife

You must be newlyweds! ;-]

Tub for 2? Sounds like you need to get a hot tub/spa instead of a tub.

In another few years you are not going to want to get in the tub with him,,,,,

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

On 14 Aug 2004 19:47:09 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com (Concerned wife) wrote (with possible editing):

I think you will find that a bit tight. We have a four by six here and that is comfortable. We are happy with it, but I can't remember the name. A few things - as I recall we had our choice of fiberglass or something else - a plastic finish of some kind. The "something else" was a much harder finish and we picked that for its resistance to scratching. Some friends we know went with fiberglass. Their tub looks pretty bad now, but ours looks almost new. We did this about 12 years ago. Be sure you get at least 6 jets - more is better. There should be a timer - and be careful. If you're alone, you can stay in too long and find it almost impossible to get out. A warm whirlpool bath apparently opens the blood vessels inducing a form of "shock".

FWIW,

Reply to
L. M. Rappaport

*&txtFromSearch=&subcat=47-bottom&iLevel=2&txtCatName=2

Reply to
readandpost®

Check out the Infinity IV.

I have a different model Aquatic and have been very happy with it.

BTW: How big is your hot water heater?

Reply to
JA

To the contrary, we've been married for 19 years, raised one child and have one in high school, but feel like newlyweds.

Reply to
Concerned wife

Sorry!

Should have put a ";-]" after that! I don't doubt your marriage (21 years here)

Just my own personal opinion: A hot tub is more fun than a cramped tub. (I'll leave it at that )

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Thanks but we only have space for a 5' tub. I would love to have more space but it's a toss up between that and closet space!

We have a 50 gallon heater.

Reply to
Concerned wife

Oops, sorry, I was looking at the Millinium IV, my bad.

Reply to
Concerned wife

FWIW: I have a 6' whirlpool tub, similar to the Infinity III. I barely get enough hot water to fill it, and I have a 75 gallon hot water heater. (Before anyone suggests it, I do not want to set the temperature on the hot water heater higher because I don't want guests accidentally scalded.) I'm now looking into getting a tankless heater that will be dedicated to the tub.

I recommend that you try out the tub before you buy it. Some are very uncomfortable. Also, consider an in-line heater if you plan to soak for long periods of time.

Reply to
JA