first time painting 16' ceiling

Hi there.. I was just offered a job to paint a 16' ceiling. It will be my first time painting a ceiling of that height and also my first working on scaffolding.. So my question is, do I cut the entire ceiling twice and then use my extension or do I use the scaffolding through the whole process?

Thanks

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 358006 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Lexxi

hairplay1_at_hotmail_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (Lexxi) wrote in news:4a2dae7e$0$5968$ snipped-for-privacy@news.usenetserver.com:

Why are you asking? I assume to prevent bordering??? Whatever you choose, be sure to feather it in towards the room. Helps minimize bordering.

Just an FYI and for your consideration as another option, I did a cathedral ceiling with 14' peak using a tall stepladder and a Wagner power roller. Worked out great. I have no scaffolding. Outlay to rent vs buying a tall stepladder wasn't cost effective considering I now still have a tall stepladder when done. Really handy for me personally. At the time a year ago the power roller was $69 plus a rebate. Borg seems to cycle the various rebates on Wagner products. They have various levels of power rollers. Would not advise if using oil base. Cleaning would suck. With latex, there's a water hose attachment to flush/backflush.

Many people say the Wagner products suck but that hasn't been my experience with the power roller or the paint sprayer I used for the outside. But I tend to be an oddball. I read the directions, generally follow them and take the time to clean tools well.

Reply to
Red Green