Firewood --- Did I get a good deal?

But if they can afford it. let's tax them.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote

Or, as is with entitlement programs, give it to them free, and pay them to burn it. The tax from the haves should balance the payments to the have nots.

What a great idea!

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Yeah, the same law that prevents interstate transportation of fresh fruits and vegetable, live fish, cows, horses, goats, sheep, cats, dogs, birds, and lumber that has gone through a kiln. Yep, it's illegal to move any of that stuff interstate. That's why all that stuff has to be grown within your state or you can't have it.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

"SteveB" wrote in news:rp9ef.998$Xd6.562@fed1read06:

NO NO NO...your both wrong! We would be better off making laws to tax the 'use' of k-mart/wal-mart treated firewood, then being as how we are in charge we could lay claim to it after it is used, and as it is then an evironmental health hazard, they would have to pay us to get rid of it.

Reply to
granpaw

OMIGAWD! The possibilities are endless. Are you in need of an executive director?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Yes, but we can only afford to pay you $5,000,000/year to start. Plus bonus for every worker you lay off.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I have the best deal around. My town, like many, cuts up logs from town trees that have fallen down in storms or had to be cut down for safety reasons The DPW takes the cut logs to the recycle depot, and any resident can have them if they want. Most of these logs are quite large, however.

Fortunately I have a friend who -- get this -- actually LIKES to split wood (and he does it by hand, with a maul). Just a month or so ago he showed up with an SUV full of cleanly split hardwood logs, perfectly sized for our fireplace, and gave us the entire load. It's more than enough for the occasional use we give our fireplace ... and my wife and I are not complaining.

Reply to
Tom Miller

Let me think about it.

I thought about it.

I'll take it.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

OK, do you have the proper credentials? Did you ever judge a horse show? How many assistants do you need?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not to worry. Credentials are available on the Internet in three days. Do I need a Ph. D., or will a Ma. do?

I never judged a horse show, but I did preside over many a Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. I also did a few beautiful baby contests, and once did a PGA hole where I marched around and held up a little sign that said, STFU!

As for assistants, I will only need three, and I will PERSONALLY interview them and inspect their assets. Work week will be two days each; that will allow me one day a week off to recover. Only the topheavily challenged need apply.

Hoo, boy. This is getting good!

Steve, the E.D.

Reply to
SteveB