Finish for new pine floor

New white pine floor will be stained but I thinking about getting away from poly as the floor is so soft and will likely sustain more damage aside from being "distressed", so I want something easy to repair. Thinking of using Waterlox tung oil based sealer/finish

and I wonder is anyone who has tried this would care to comment on this product?

Reply to
Curious

nospambob

I have used tung oil on a very old pine floor. It worked well for me, but we did not have problems like large dogs to damage it. We did have a couple of average kids and it lasted for a good number of years without a problem.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Poly is your best bet for wear and protection, shellac yellows and darkens to black, oil is not wear resistant.

Reply to
m Ransley

I am fond of varnish and shallac is great on cabinents and furnature (note desolves quickly in alcohol dont spill that vodka) As long as you do not get lazy with wax both last long time and shallac is very easy to repair. Check following urls for info.

Anonymous