Finding a breaker

I'm having trouble finding a Homeline breaker # HOMT2020240 either here in Phoenix or web-orderable.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

Here's one....Paul

PJ

Thanks, Paul, that provided the lead I needed to sort out the electrical suppliers here in Phoenix.

I don't know why the high price on the web, I got it for $17.95 at Rexel.

It's a quad-in-2-slots: 20-40=40-20 (= toggled together).

...Jim Thompson

Reply to
Jim Thompson

You ain't kidding. Am I reading this right, a 30ma GFCI breaker 15a is 249.00 and an Arc-fault breaker is 150.00???

Reply to
HA HA Budys Here

Maybe these are US Gov. prices! :)...Paul

Reply to
PJ

Is that a quad breaker with handle ties to create a 240v/40a and a 240v/20a, to fit a Murray ("industry standard") like panel?

If so, I just bought one for about $25. All of the local electrical supply houses had them. Maybe they just don't carry the Homeline model, but there are a number of brands that all fit. My panel is a Sylvannia; just try and find one of their breakers!

Reply to
Toller

Using one brand of breaker in another manufacturers panel is only code compliant if the breaker is marked as recognized for use in that panel. As far as I know only Thomas & Bettes have gone to the effort to get their breakers tested to be used in other panels. There is a list of the panels with which they are compatible in the package with the breaker. If a breaker is used in a panel for which it is not listed or recognized by a testing laboratory any resultant damage may not be covered by your home owners insurance.

-- Tom H

Reply to
Tom Horne