Find my posts

Is there a way that I can find a list of my posts here?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
Andy

You can probably find them on Google Groups.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What newsreader do you use?

If you use Forte Agent v1.9, you can sort by author and then find your name alphabetically. I'm sure later versions kept this feature.

There are a lot of posts and it may take 2 or 3 minutes to sort, I don't know. When I tested it just now I went to a small ng that had only

6000 posts.
Reply to
micky

Andy explained on 4/21/2020 :

If I have it stored locally, I can search for a specific post if you had a specific one in mind.

Reply to
FromTheRafters

Thunderbird newsreader. A feature I like will let me easily create a filter for the oddball posters. Bunches of those are in a kill file and I never see them. Plus I can eliminate posts are before a certain date if I want to. I usually get rid of things that are a couple months old.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Download a big whack of headers - then sort by "Author ". In Forte Agent the menu commands are : : "Online --> Sample headers from selected group" then choose how many headers you want - a busy group might get hundreds per week ; a very slow group might only get dozens per year. John T.

Reply to
hubops

Another user of v. 1.9x, I see. Actually you're using 1.92. I've never noticed someone using that before. I use 1.93.

Copyright 2002. Yours might be a bit earlier.

They do make later versions, and I paid for and tried v.6 but I liked

1.93 better.

Do you use stunnel too?

Reply to
micky

That's a very nice offer. I'll offer the same thing. I have 68,000 headers stored going back to 2011. It can take about a minute to look at all the headers and maybe 5 minutes to look through all the bodies. Ooops, a lot don't have bodies and they're too old to get them, but depending on what Andy knows, I might get the headers and if Andy then knew the exact date, it would be easier to find on google.

Version 1.93 of Agent has a small sorting problem, and when the number of posts in a ng gets above 50,000 or so, it sometimes mixes 4, 6, 10 old posts in with the new ones, so once in a while I delete a few thousand old ones without bodies.

Reply to
micky

Never heard of stunnel and I don't understand any of the gibberish that describes it's use.

it ain't broke - don't improve it ! My new improved FireFox takes about 10 mouse-clicks to clear the browser cache/history/cookies. I think the old version was 3 . John T.

Reply to
hubops

Yes, it's pretty darn obscure. I don't know a lot of those words either.

One could say that it is broke, unless you don't try to send encrypted email from Agent. A lot of email providers no longer allow non-encrypted.

(Of course the later versions of Agent do have modern email.)

Reply to
micky