filtering specks out of paint

I always paint out of a small paint tray. When I'm done painting, I dump the remaining paint into a can that I use for excess paint (as opposed to putting the excess back into the original can). That way I can at least keep the original can free of what I call "paint boogers" - you know, those little bits of congealed paint that are accidently scraped off the brush or tray. So now I've got to figure out how to efficiently and thoroughly strain the "boogers" out of the paint in the can containing all the excess paint. I considered using some panty hose as a strainer, but I thought that might add some fibers. What do y'all recommend?

Thanks,

Jean

Reply to
Jean

Cheese cloth is a little too slow. A local paint place will have paint strainers for large buckets (2.5 - 5 gallon), prolly even smaller. A local automotive store will have small paint strainers used to filter paint. And yes even panty hose.

Oren

Nylon hose would work perfectly (although slowly) as would cheese cloth or filter cloth from the paint store.

Reply to
PipeDown