Fighting moisture in basement

Hi,

I have a wetness problem in my basement, which you can see on this picture:

I was wondering if the stucco that was plastered over the stone is serving a wetness fighting function or am I better off removing it (exposing the good looking stones) and repointing the granite?

(I'm aware of other wetness fighting methods like the dehum, french drain, etc.)

Thanks,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Fude

That looks like a serious problem. If it was my house I would geat a good mask and start ripping out carpet and drywall.

Reply to
Limp Arbor

no coating will fix your problem, but go ahead and strip the wall, and re point the joints and drylock the walls.

it might help you feel your addressing the problem, but its not.

Reply to
hallerb