Fiberglass Insulation Questions

I feel I should know this, but obviously I don't. Framing out 3 block walls in the garage so I can insulate (3rd wall is mostly undergrade and not easily accessible at this time). Icynene is nice but I feel if I take my time I can install fiberglass so it doesn't have all the drawbacks of normal fiberglass insulation installations. OK, 2x4 wall with 3 1/2" insulation. Most of it shouldn't touch the wall but I suppose it could at places. The outside of this block wall is completly exposed the inside does not get wet or damp. Does the wall get plastic or a moisture barrier? And what if I run some foam in a can between each 2x4 and the block wall? And maybe if I run a little horizontal foam in the middle of each bay to prevent convection currents? Also where to staple... may sound dumb but if the insulation vapor barrier is stapled to the sides of the 2x4's, it will always have a little gap on each side, again for convection currents. Stapling it on the face seems like it would be better.

Reply to
Tony

It is MADE to staple to the face.

Reply to
clare

Then why do so many people staple it to the sides? Who started that, I want that person held responsible!

Reply to
Tony

Instructions are always on the product.

Reply to