Faucet-mount water filter - Recommendations?

I currently have a Culligan FM-15 kitchen faucet water. It was rated #1 for water taste a few years back by Consumer Reports. While I love the taste of the water, the flow rate is glacial and the filters are rather expensive. I'm now looking to replace it.

I've seen an Omni F-1 faucet mount filter for $14.97 at Walmart:

Is this filter any good? Does anyone here have one--what do you think of it?

In Jan 03 Consumer Reports rated the GE SmartWater GXFM03C as the best faucet mount filter tested. Any comments on this filter?

Any water filter recommedations under $40 would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. If I had the money I'd buy the Kenmore 38460 undersink model.

Reply to
Aquilonious

ALl I can say is that I replaced my Pur with the CUlligan you spoke of. From what I see, the water flow is actually FASTER and the water tastes noticiably better.

The filters are no more expensive and maybe a little less so than the Pur and Brita filters I saw. I wanted to go with something that I could easily find filters for in many places and that is the reason I focused on the ones I did.

I for one am VERY pleased with the Culligan

Reply to
Ray Kinzler

BTW, I looked closer at the GE filter--it looks surprisingly similiar to the Culligan filter:

Ray Kinzler

You took the words right out of my mouth (I was about to suggest the Kenmore). Because while it's $79, I believe maintenance isn't so much. And someone else recommended it to me on another forum, as being hassle free.

Though note that it requires an extra faucet hole to be available (unlike both the mounting-filters, and the Moen filtering-faucets, not to mention the Franke TFS-300 which is WAY expensive).

Reply to
Maiden