Fan lights

We put in 10 Hunter fan light units model # 20765 in our church auditorium and they look great, but when the fans & lights are on together it looks like a disco room. Is there a shield or something else we could use to keep the light from going up in to the fan blades. Any "HELP" would be greatly appreciated

Reply to
coordinator

That model appears to have a dish shaped globe to go around the lamp. I assume you are bothered by the shadow the blades cast on the cieling. It is problem with most cieling fans. You can try making an opaque disk to cover the top of the globe and prevent the light from shining up but I think you will discover this reduces the total illumination in the room. Enclosing the bulbs may also reduce the fixture rating to requiring only 60W bulbs (not sure what it is now but it will be on a sticker on the fan or lamp housing)

I would suggest getting some halogen flood lights and mounting them so they spread light above the fans and onto the cieling. This bright light will reduce the appearance of the shadows without changing the fan lamps.

Reply to
PipeDown

I think you should try a different light kit, one that only shines down. Or, maybe you could experiment with a piece of masonite, cut it like a donut and see how that does. When you have the diameter that works, make the donut out of metal (think ductwork) so it is not a fire hazard from the heat of the bulb. That's how I'd attack the problem.

Another option would be to just abandon the light kits with the fans and install 10 lights between the fans, mount the lights on down-rods so the lights are only shining down and are on the same plane as the fan blades.

Or, add some lights that sh> We put in 10 Hunter fan light units model # 20765 in our church

Reply to
autonut843