Fan doesn't work on York condenser

This is Turtle.

First Check the capasitor for the right uf rating , then OHM out the fan motor, Check the relay board for 220 voltage going to the motor, and then see if you have any burnt wires. the problem will be one of these things. now do cut the power off to work on the condenser.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Not near enough information here to tell you, but its either: Fan motor Capacitor fan leads or, in the case of a heat pump, the defrost board.

However, you prob already realize that the blown fuse was prob your warning that you had a fan motor fry.

40 amps eh? Damn..how old is this thing? Heat pump? Straight air? Rather large for most of the newer stuff, and if its under 5 years old, you need to be calling a dealer as its under warranty.
Reply to
webmaster

My home A/C stop working. So I check the fuse in the outside panel. One of the 40A fuse was blow. I ran to Homedepot got a pair replace it. The compressor is working but the Fan in the condenser doesn't work.

Can someone give me a hint where to check?

thank you

Reply to
tv-nuts

uh, the Yellow pages?

Reply to
HeatMan

Then you stole from the customer. The compressor will overheat, trip internal overload, and reset, and you CAN reset them faster IF you have a clue..and its OBVIOUS you dont.

Now, you are a thief for sure.

Reply to
webmaster

Steve,

Are you saying the O/L can't fail and the compressor motor 'burn' ? "Stole" is such a strong word seeing as you weren't there! I imagine you never had something you said or did taken out of context.

Marty

" snipped-for-privacy@carolinabreezehvac.com" wrote in message news:hMLDe.2$ snipped-for-privacy@eagle.america.net...

Reply to
Marty

Yes. Check the outside unit.

Incidentally, without the fan, the compressor overheats and dies. I have seen this in person. I've had to replace condensing units cause the fan died, and the customer was too cheap to call a repair guy.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

This is Turtle.

It's a Personal thing about Steve the Sea Weed don't Like Stormy. Steve tries to discredit Stormy in anyway he can and just gets carried away with the bullshit he comes up with to try to discredit him. Also he does not like me either and tries sometime to do the same thing to me. he will probley come up with some bull here to say to save face but hey who cares to have a bullshitting contest about who is the smartest.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

Im saying to check this idiot Stormin Moron and see for yourself. hes a crook, and if he was in my area, he would have been reported to the licence board and prob in jail by now.

Yes, anyone that allows Chris to work on their units is getting taken for a ride. As in, stolen from.

Reply to
webmaster